Pembrokesire builders and designers were praised at the recent South Wales regional finals of the 2017 Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Excellence awards.
Entrants from Pembrokeshire won three awards at the event and were highly commended in a further three categories.
The builders represented Pembrokeshire following their success at the local awards.
Geraint Williams Building Contractor of Blaenffos won the South Wales award for the best local builder or traditional craftsman for various developments across Pembrokeshire.
Butler Wall Homes won the South Wales award for the best small new housing category for the Water’s Edge development at South Beach, Tenby.
BAM Nuttall Limited was also victorious on the night taking the award for best public service building for the new St Davids Lifeboat Station.
All three will now represent South Wales at the Welsh awards to be held in Cardiff later in the year.
The LABC awards were set up 14 years ago to help raise standards in the construction industry. They celebrate excellence achieved through high building standards, technical innovation and sustainable designs.
The Pembrokeshire round of the awards – organised by Pembrokeshire County Council’s Building Control team – were held earlier when ten firms were singled out for the quality of their construction work across a range of categories from home extensions to commercial buildings.
The winners at the Pembrokeshire awards were:
- Carreg Construction Limited of Croesgoch (for best extension or alteration to an existing home at Arosfa, Stop and Call, Goodwick). Also highly commended at the South Wales awards.
- Geraint Williams Building Contractor of Blaenffos (best local builder or traditional craftsman). Also won the South Wales award in this category for numerous projects throughout Pembrokeshire.
- F.J. R. Lloyd and Son Limited of Letterston (best change of use or conversion with the former Nolton Mill, Nolton Haven).
- Pritchard Developments of Narberth (best individual new home category with Redstone House, Narberth).
- Butler Wall Homes of Pontypool (best small new housing at Water’s Edge, Tenby). Also successful in the South Wales awards for this category.
- Western Solar Limited of Rhoshill, Cilgerran (for the Solar Hamlet development at Glanrhyd). The development was also Highly Commended at the South Wales regional awards.
- BAM Nuttall Limited, of Surrey (best public service building with the St David’s Lifeboat Station). Also successful in securing the award in the South Wales regional event.
- W.B. Griffiths and Son Limited of Haverfordwest (best educational building for Johnston CP School).
- Kinver Kreations Limited of Goodwick (best LABC Partnership). This award reflects the winner’s longstanding working relationship across a number of projects with Pembrokeshire County Council Building Control.
- Stephen George of Westhaven Construction, Haverfordwest (for best site supervisor/agent of the year – residential – at Glenover Fields, Haverfordwest). Also Highly Commended at the South Wales regional awards.
Article Courtesy of Pembrokeshire Country Council: https://pembrokeshire.gov.uk/content.asp?nav=101,2212&id=34925